Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: electronic music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
jiggyfresh Search for posts by this member.
Jedi Knight

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2001,20:30  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

d&b, jungle, techno, trance, harcore
whats good equipment that has everything, drums synth etc..anybody own a mc 303, yamaha rm1x or korg electribe products or any other good sugestions? i probably will only have a few hundred bucks to drop so i cant get anything too expensive
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
SLATE Search for posts by this member.
Kiloposter

PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2001,20:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

nothing sounds quite like an 808
 Post Number: 3
Jedi Knight

PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2001,20:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

isnt that from a beastie boys track
=P

This message has been edited by jiggyfresh on May 09, 2001 at 07:05 PM

Post Number: 4
DeadAnztac Search for posts by this member.
I am almost one of Us.

PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2001,20:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by SLATE:
Is that a good or bad thing?

This message has been edited by DeadAnztac on May 09, 2001 at 03:39 PM

Post Number: 5
whiskey@throttle Search for posts by this member.
Kiloposter

PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2001,22:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by jiggyfresh:
d&b, jungle, techno, trance, harcore
whats good equipment that has everything, drums synth etc..anybody own a mc 303, yamaha rm1x or korg electribe products or any other good sugestions? i probably will only have a few hundred bucks to drop so i cant get anything too expensive

Slate, you don't know what you're talking about. An 808 costs anywhere between 躔-1000, only has 12 very distinct (and old school) voices, and is only a drum sequencer...which pretty much covers everthing Jiggy doesn't want.

From the questions you asked, Jiggy, I'm guessing you're new to this. Combined with the fact you only want to spend a few hundred (how much is a few?), I think you should go digital, rather than analog. Besides, you don't want something like an 808 or 909 unless you have a lot of other shit to go with.

My recommendation? Well, considering the variety of sounds you want to cover, you need something versatile. I'd say buy a copy of Fruity Loops 3 and get some .wav loops to go with (purchase or d/l). You'll be able to use some break loops for the d&b stuff, and sequence 4 on the floor shit for the house and techno. Plus, FL3 comes with a TON of presets/sounds, a killer 404 for some wicked lines, 16-64 bar sequencing, total ability to manipulate wavs, an undo feature (finally), a great chord programming gui, and playlist mapping a la Acid. It's like Rebirth times 1000. Look it up on Google. You won't be disappointed.

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 6
Der_Teufel Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2001,23:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by SLATE:

Money Making, Money Money Making!
Sorry, lyrics from a Beastie Boys song. GO Beastie Boys! WOOHOO!!

Post Number: 7
Jedi Knight

PostIcon Posted on: May 08 2001,23:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i got the older version of fruityloops and ive never really liked it, plus i think i need a better sound card for it cause the sounds were very flat and bass was distorted, anyway i like playing with knobs and stuff on acutal equipment, heh
i know i covered alot of differnt types of music in that post but i was just seeing if anybody would say what equipment is good for what sound, ill definitly try out 3.0 now though
and yeah im new to this, maybe if i get good at working with digital computer programs ill save my money for some new turntables and mixer, i had to sell my old decks and everything cause i was broke

and yeah, a few hundred is upwards of like 700 bucks

This message has been edited by jiggyfresh on May 09, 2001 at 06:46 PM

Post Number: 8
Kiloposter

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2001,00:00 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by Der_Teufel:
Money Making, Money Money Making!
Sorry, lyrics from a Beastie Boys song. GO Beastie Boys! WOOHOO!!

there you go...
bout time someone got it...

Post Number: 9
Jedi Knight

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2001,00:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

thnkx, i got the 3.0 demo and i see awhole lot of more shit that i like
 Post Number: 10
Kiloposter

PostIcon Posted on: May 09 2001,00:53 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by jiggyfresh:
isnt that from a beastie boys track
=P

ch347012

14 replies since May 08 2001,20:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply electronic music
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code