Page 2 of 3<<123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: We did movies and books...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
melk0r Search for posts by this member.
I am almost one of Us.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 28 2001,19:37  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

my taste varies a lot from time to time, but one band that has always stayed with me has been sublime. i loooove them, and it depresses me when i think of the addiction and all that.. but he poured his heart into his music, and it came out great. some other bands found in my cd collection are]
-anti-flag (this is a kick ass political punk band)
-the suicide machines

-a lot of different types of techno ranging from the acid "lords of acid" to the trance "paul oakie" to prodigy.

right now im into my punk stage, so i could list about fifty more,not even including all of the classic rock, new age rock, alternative and others, but i dont have the motivation. Sublime sums me up.

------------------
god has a HARD ON for marines - Full Metal Jacket

This message has been edited by melk0r on March 29, 2001 at 01:42 PM

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
fire_502 Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 28 2001,19:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by Kintara:

I'm, as you can tell, a fan of female vocalists. Especially soulful ones and ones that kick your ass in.

Poe, Tracey Bonham, Bif Naked
for a little more energy, check out deathgirl.com

This message has been edited by fire_502 on March 29, 2001 at 01:53 PM

Post Number: 13
Vigilante Search for posts by this member.
Unrequited Lover

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 28 2001,20:11 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

PJ Harvey
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 14
Spydir Web Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 28 2001,20:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

didn't we do one of these already? No complaining, just Deja Vu (whoa, double deja-vu )

First, formost, and all around dopest group to ever hit my eardrums... INSANE CLOWN POSSE. I know people here hate it, but I don't care. Stuff is the shit.

Twiztid comes up next cuz they are some pretty damned good musicians.

Harvey Danger has to come in cuz they got some damned good lyrics and shit, and Where Have All The Marry Makers Gone (album) was the fucking shit, hands down.

Kottonmouth Kings, Halfbreed, L.U.Cipha, Heretix 666, Humble Gods, Hendrix (purple haze, bitch!), Marley, Lords Of Acid, DMX, RATM, Filter, Godsmack, Method Man, White/Rob Zombie, Weird Al, The Freestylers (techno-ish hiphop), 808 State, Utah Saints, Staind, Suicidal Tendencies, System of a Down, Tool, and a few hundred other people, bands, and groups frequent my stereo...

------------------
Spydir Web - http://netsyndrome.net/spydirweb/
Net Syndrome - http://www.netsyndrome.net/

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hydrant...

Post Number: 15
Kintara Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 28 2001,21:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah Poe's good.

I never really got into a particular style of music a lot. Mostly I like a little bit of everything.

Major styles I dont like are gangsta rap, polka music (except for Wierd Al's polka medleys, WIERD AL RULES!), a lot of mellow folk music, plus most pop music out. I try to give pop music a chance, but under most circumstances it comes of as horribly phony. Any music made for reasons other than as a musician, I don't like instinctually.

------------------
"You've soiled my dickey!"

--Kintara

Post Number: 16
Psychosomatic_plague Search for posts by this member.
I am almost one of Us.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 28 2001,22:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

wow ppl like bands i ilke wierd most of my friends have never heard of the music i like (lam0rs)

I am also into female singers

Ani DiFranco
Portishead (mouring air is my fav)
Radiohead
Lisa Loeb
Fiona Apple
Orgy
Dido
sneaker pimps
Bu$h
Primitive Radio Gods
Beck

I also listen to harder stuff;
Slipknot
Kittie
System of a Down
tantric
union underground

edit* editing

------------------
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness..."

This message has been edited by Psychosomatic_plague on March 29, 2001 at 04:55 PM

Post Number: 17
CatKnight Search for posts by this member.
Jedi Republican

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2001,01:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

a) so called "political punk bands" like anti-flag SUCK MAJOR SHIT. they are just pathetic whiney 16 year olds complaining about the government which they know NOTHING ABOUT.

b) kittie rox0rs j00r box0rs. they are really hot too. see my thread on "Mercedes Lander"

c) RATM kicks ass. I hope they will continue to do so without Zach.

Post Number: 18
kuru Search for posts by this member.
Detonate.net's 9mm wielding geek-hit-Goddess

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2001,03:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

when i want hippy music, i go for the real stuff.

so i basically like music created between 1960 and 1989. hippy music, classic rock, OLD metal (from when it was real, not this mtv garbage).

also like classical, gregorian chant, bagpipes (when played RIGHT), piano music, ray charles, otis redding, a select few songs outa the '50s, a very select few country songs, some techno (live spun trance is pretty cool).

pretty much anything but rap, r&b, motown, disco, and pop has a chance.

------------------
kuru
'dancing is the vertical expression of horizontal desire.'
-robert frost

Post Number: 19
Observer Search for posts by this member.
I once watched, but I have left.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2001,04:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Uh, by "motown" I'm assuming you are not talking about the music that Motown Records produced between 1960 and 1989, right? A lot of hits during the 60's came from Motown.

------------------
A good programmer is someone who looks both ways on a one-way street

Post Number: 20
darksol Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 29 2001,06:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ratm, back when it was still together, is some cool shiznit. Radiohead also if you like trippy music.

------------------
Estuan interius
ira vehementi

23 replies since Mar. 28 2001,05:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply We did movies and books...
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code